UW Credit Union said Monday it will buy the 3-year-old Amcore Bank branch building located across from Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The purchase of the 14,000-square-foot building will give UW Credit Union, which is one of the state's biggest credit unions, a third branch in the Milwaukee area. UW Credit Union plans to open the branch in spring of 2010.
"We are pleased to respond to member requests for an additional Milwaukee location that provides convenient service to the Wauwatosa and Brookfield communities," said Paul Kundert, president and chief executive of UW Credit Union.
The deal involves only the sale of the building, not Amcore's loans or deposits.
Rockford, Ill.-based Amcore built the large full-service branch in 2006 amid plans to expand in the Milwaukee area.
Amcore, which is under scrutiny from regulators, posted a $10.7 million loss in the second quarter. It lost almost $98 million in 2008.
"Amcore Bank is relocating its Wauwatosa branch to a nearby leased facility since it operates primarily as a commercial loan office and does not require the space of a full-service branch," Amcore spokeswoman Katherine Taylor said Monday.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23