A 43-year-old Milwaukee man accused of robbing a woman at the bus stop at 68th Street and Wisconsin Avenue on Sept. 3 was arrested for disorderly conduct.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
The woman told police that the man approached her as she was walking to the bus stop at 11 p.m., and that he said he was going to walk with her. She said he walked with her and asked her for cigarettes.
While she was sitting on a bench speaking to another man, she felt the 43-year-old touch her left arm near where her purse handles were. After sitting at the bus stop for a while, she decided to run to the bus stop at 68th and State streets because she felt nervous.
As she attempted to run, she told police, the man grabbed on to her purse, which was on her left arm. The woman ran, and her cell phone fell out of her purse.
The man told police that the woman just ran off, and he saw her cell phone on the ground. He picked it up, but never used it. He said he never grabbed her purse, and didn’t take or find any of her property.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23