People dealing with a rocky relationship might say that love bites. But that description would be accurate in the case of a local couple.
A 24-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for battery for biting her boyfriend six times at his Wauwatosa residence Sept. 5.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The couple had been drinking at a bar, but when the woman began getting loud and confrontational, the boyfriend told her he thought it was time to leave. But the woman wasn't ready to call it a night. Instead, she wanted to go to a friend's birthday party.
When they got back to his house, they continued to argue and she lunged for him with her mouth. He ended up with deep bite marks on his chest, abdomen, shoulder and elbow.
The man said she clung on to him with her teeth, but he was afraid to hit her because he didn't want to be arrested. He called 911 at 9:15 p.m., which only enraged her more. She continued biting him until she heard sirens, then she ran.
As officers were interviewing the boyfriend, the woman walked back into the house and up the stairs. An officer told her to stop, so she clung to the staircase and had to be forcibly removed. She also resisted getting into the squad car.
The woman has been referred to the district attorney's office.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23