Jessica Heenan's carrot cake won the Taste of Tosa baking contest, run in conjunction with TosaFest.
A panel of judges that included chefs and managers from area restaurants, hungry Wauwatosa firefighters and members of the public chose her dish as their top choice.
The judges also picked the best chili cookoff entry: Milwaukee Famous Racing Sausage Chili by Brett Jasinski. He has entered the contest in prior years, but this time he got his first win.
The following bakers also placed in the contest: Catherine Rose Bryant, second place for her White Chocolate Lemon Heaven; Trini Keane, third for Irish Whiskey Walnut Cake with Toffee; Jody Zanton, fourth for Bailey's Cheesecake; Mary Baker, fifth for Toffee Coffee Cake; and Betty Zurawski, sixth for Macaroon Mountain.
The following chili cooks were recognized for their recipes: Al Stramowski, second for Surreal Surr'AL' Chili; Melanie Neal, third for Bald Guys Chili; Ken Gehling, fourth for Hickory Smoked Lamb Chili; and Mary Baker, fifth for Chicken Chili Masala.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23