Wauwatosa — The Common Council on Tuesday rejected a proposal to reduce its size from 16 aldermen to 10.
The aldermen considered sending the proposal to a committee, which would have recommended whether to hold a voter referendum. But in the end they voted, 11-4, to kill the proposal.
Wauwatosa has two aldermen in each of eight districts, making it the largest city council in Milwaukee County.
The other largest councils are Milwaukee (15 aldermen), Glendale (12) and West Allis (10).
For more on this story, visit WauwatosaNOW.com.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23