A fire Friday night caused an estimated $500,000 in damage to a house at 11745 Underwood Parkway, the Wauwatosa Fire Department said.
The fire was reported just after 9 p.m. Friday and when firefighters arrived about 3 minutes after getting the call they saw flames shooting through the home's roof, the department said.
It took about 45 minutes to get the fire under control.
The residents were not at home when the fire broke out, the department said.
The cause of the fire has not been determined, but it does not appear to be suspicious, the department said.
The house had just undergone significant renovation.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23