Wauwatosa — Neighborhood groups are being formed to teach residents how to use energy more efficiently and to reduce consumption.
The city's Energy Committee and the Neighborhood Association Council will form the groups, which will meet every two weeks for five or six sessions. The sessions will cover energy efficiency, reducing water use and waste, transportation and food.
An organizational meeting is set for Oct. 20 at Cranky Al's Bakery & Pizza, 6901 W. North Ave. Social time will start at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting at 7.
For continuing coverage of energy, follow "Plugged In," the blog of Journal Sentinel energy writer Thomas Content.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23