Starting today, the southbound bridge on Mayfair Road will closed until spring, and traffic from Watertown Plank to Walnut roads will move to the northbound bridge.
One northbound and two southbound lanes will be provided on the northbound bridge.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is performing rehabilitation work to the bridge, a project that began construction in late July 2009 and will be completed in June 2010.
The DOT cautions drivers to slow down in construction zones because traffic fines double in these areas.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23