Enrollment in Wauwatosa's summer school program increased 18 percent this year, according to district data.
A total of 2,470 students participated in this year's program, 373 more than last year. Of those students, 74 do not attend Wauwatosa schools, up from 25 students in summer 2008.
The six-week program offered 56 courses from June 22 through July 31. Offerings ranged from enrichment and advancement classes to remedial and makeup opportunities. Students took 6,455 classes this year, an increase of 31 percent over last year
Classes were held at a west campus at Eisenhower Elementary School and Wauwatosa West High School, and an east campus at Lincoln Elementary School and Wauwatosa East High School.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23