A fire that broke out in the garage of a foreclosed home on Halloween is under investigation as a possible arson.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Firefighters responded to a fire in a detached two-car garage in the 7500 block of West Wright Street at 11:50 a.m. Saturday. Damage was contained to a corner of the garage.
A gas can had been found in the garage and there were signs of accelerant inside the structure.
The house has been vacant since the owner died a few years ago. A realty company has been managing the property, which is in foreclosure.
A Wauwatosa resident, who was bicycling with his daughter in the neighborhood, saw the smoke and flames and called 911.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23