People may notice a purple light emanating from the top of Children's Hospital of Wisconsin this month.
The health care provider has illuminated its building, as well as three trees in front of the building to raise awareness about premature births, the No. 1 cause of infant deaths.
The Wauwatosa hospital treated more than 300 premature babies in 2008.
Prematurity Awareness Day is Nov. 17, but the lights will be on after sunset all month long.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23