Wauwatosa Fire Department extinguished leaf piles burning in a residential neighborhood Saturday morning.
Crews saw 3-foot-tall flames coming from four large piles of leaves on the street in the 3300 block of North 107th Street and the 10700 block of West Townsend Street when they arrived at 5:38 a.m., according to the Wauwatosa police report.
The fires did not cause any damage. Fire officials said the flames likely were started by a tossed cigarette.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23