Brookfield resident Dale Kooyenga announced today that he plans to run for the state's 14th Assembly District seat, which represents Elm Grove and parts of Wauwatosa, Brookfield, West Allis and Milwaukee.
The seat is held by Leah Vukmir, R-Wauwatosa, who is vacating it in order to run for state Senate.
Kooyenga, also a Republican, wants to create an environment "that is suitable for fostering economic growth and creating jobs" in Wisconsin, he said in a news release.
He works as an accountant. A U.S. Army Reservist, he recently returned from Iraq.
The seat is not up for election until fall 2010.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23