Wauwatosa emergency crews responded to two accidents - a car vs. train crash and a three-vehicle collision - during the evening rush-hour Tuesday.
About 5:30 p.m., a woman driving north on 68th Street tried to make a right turn onto State Street, but her car got stuck on the railroad tracks, Deputy Fire Chief Jim Case said.
"She got out of the vehicle before the train struck," he said.
The car was hit head on and was badly damaged.
While crews were dealing with the accident on the train tracks, they received another emergency call, this time regarding a three-car crash at Mayfair and Blue Mound roads. A minivan was on fire when firefighters arrived, but no one was inside, Case said.
Two adults were taken to Froedtert Hospital and a child was taken to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. All injuries were minor, he added.
Wauwatosa police are still investigating the accident.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23