Prosecutors expect to charge three men with attempted homicide in the Sunday night shooting of a Wauwatosa police officer, officials announced Friday.
At a new conference, Wauwatosa police identified the three suspects as Michael S. Dengsavang, 28, Paul M. Phonisay, 29, and Thongsavah Rodthong, 27. The first two men are in custody; police are asking the public's assistance in finding Rodthong.
All three Milwaukee men are expected to be charged soon with attempted homicide, armed robbery false imprisonment and burglary, according to police.
Abby Pavlik, a 3 1/2 year veteran of the Wauwatosa Police Department, responded to an armed robbery call at the Happy Wok, 2332 N. 124 St. about 10:30 p.m. Sunday. Her investigation took her to a nearby apartment complex, where police say she was ambushed by the suspects who fired multiple shots at Pavlik's squad car.
Pavlik, 28, who was wearing a protective vest, was struck in the abdomen.
Wauwatosa Police ask that anyone with information about Rodthong's whereabouts call (414) 471-8430 or their local police department.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23