Milwaukee police officers arrested a third suspect early Sunday who was charged with taking part in the shooting of a Wauwatosa police officer last week.
Thongsavahn Rodthong, 27, of Milwaukee, was arrested in the 400 block of N. 34th St. about 12:50 a.m., police said.
Michael S. Dengsavang, 28, Paul M. Phonisay, 29, and Rodthong, all of Milwaukee, face up to 40 years in prison if convicted of the charges of attempted homicide, party to a crime. They also are charged with burglary. Rodthong and Dengsavang are charged with armed robbery as well.
Abby Pavlik, a 3½-year veteran of the Wauwatosa Police Department, was shot inside her patrol car as she responded to an armed robbery call at the Happy Wok, 2332 N. 124th St., about 10:30 p.m. last Sunday. Her investigation took her to a nearby apartment complex, where police say she was ambushed by the suspects.
Pavlik, 28, who was wearing a protective vest, was struck once in the abdomen.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23