Two weeks before the filing deadline, the city clerk's office is seeing numerous Wauwatosa residents submitting candidacy paperwork for the April election.
Two incumbents will seek re-election in April, a newcomer has announced his candidacy and a longtime alderman has chosen to end his service on the Wauwatosa Common Council.
After a decade representing Wauwatosa's 5th District, Alderman Jerry Stepaniak has decided not to seek re-election. He has filed notification of noncandidacy with the city clerk's office. Stepaniak could not be reached for comment.
So far, one newcomer, Bobby Pantuso, has submitted paperwork to run for the 5th District seat.
In the 3rd District, Tim Hanson will run for a second term. A challenger, Sandra Callaghan, has previously announced her entry into the race.
Jason Wilke will run for a two-year position to represent the 8th District. He was appointed in June to fill the seat vacated by Craig Maher. The winner of this seat will finish out the remainder of the term.
District 1 residents will see a contested race now that newcomer John Sandvik has decided to run against incumbent Peter Donegan. Sandvik is involved in the North Avenue Neighborhood Alliance and the Wauwatosa Rotary Club. Previously, he served as president of the Pabst Park Neighborhood Association.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23