Wauwatosa — The Common Council's Committee on Employee Relations will resume Tuesday its discussion of the compensation and duties of the office of mayor.
The committee on Dec. 8 began discussing a proposal from Ald. Brian Ewerdt to double the mayor's pay, which has been $22,500 since 1984.
The full council would have to approve any changes.
A Journal Sentinel story this week found that, among cities in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties with a comparable population, Wauwatosa ranked near the bottom in salary for mayor.
However, considering the salary of the mayor and the city administrator, Wauwatosa ranked in the middle of comparable cities.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23