A Facebook user who threatened Wauwatosa high school students Sunday is believed to live out of state and is “not in a position to carry out the threats,” according to a statement issued Tuesday by Wauwatosa police.
The user went by the name “
Two parents called police Sunday evening to report their daughters had received friend requests from “
In both cases, “
The threats have since been removed from Facebook, according to the police statement. The incident is under investigation.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23