A former Wauwatosa West High School student is behind the Facebook threats posted under the alias "Wauwatosa bug" on Sunday, according to the Wauwatosa Police Department.
The 14-year-old boy now lives in San Diego, Calif., and authorities there are investigating, a news release issued today states. Police did not give the boy's name. He is not in custody at this time.
"We believe the threats were made by a person out-of-state and not in a position to carry out the threats," according to the release.
"Wauwatosa bug" posted messages on the social media site threatening a "blood bath" at Wauwatosa high schools and containing sexually obscene and racist statements. The threats have been removed from Facebook.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23