Plans to demolish two houses to make room for another parking lot at Mo's Irish Pub have changed.
Movers have spent the afternoon today inserting steel beams under the 1,400-square-foot ranch house across the street from the restaurant at 431 108th Place.
By the end of the day, they expect to remove the house from its foundation, but it will have to remain on the property while permits to take the structure on the road are finalized at the city and state levels. The house will be relocated to West Bend within the next two to three weeks.
Owner Johnny Vassallo started looking into moving the homes late last fall after residential neighbors of the pub voiced opposition to demolishing two houses that were in good condition to put in asphalt pavement.
Mo's staff will work with the building movers to start preparing the neighboring house for moving over the next several months.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23