Ten Wauwatosa snowplows are working to keep the main roads open and a citywide street cleanup is set to start at 10:30 p.m., Mike Kreiter, Public Works operations superintendent, said this afternoon.
To facilitate that work, a snow emergency, which prohibits on-street parking, has been called from 11 p.m. tonight until 7 a.m. Wednesday.
The lightweight flakes have helped cleanup efforts go smoothly even with accumulation of more than 6 inches so far, he said.
Crews have also responded to a small downed tree on 104th Street and a water main break at 96th Street and North Avenue that sent quite a bit of water flowing in the area.
Wauwatosa Fire Department has responded to two weather-related car accidents with injuries, Deputy Chief Jim Case said. An adult was taken to Froedtert Hospital after a crash on U.S. Highway 45 ,and a child was driven to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin following a traffic accident on Menomonee River Parkway.
Both injuries were considered minor, Case said.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23