Froedtert Hospital has been recognized among the healthiest places to work in the nation.
The Wauwatosa-based medical facility has received a 2009 Gold Well Workplace awards from the Wellness Councils of America for its commitment to the health and well-being of its employees.
Froedtert officials attribute the award to its workplace wellness initiatives, including a confidential annual health risk assessment, personal wellness coaching, online health activity tracking system, and team-based activities such as a walking program and a weight loss challenge.
A twice weekly strength and conditioning free-weight class, healthy lunchtime learning sessions and fitness challenges are also part of the company culture.
The gold - the second-highest of four award levels - recognizes organizations that have comprehensive wellness plans, produce measureable results, and are an integral part of the organization's overall business strategy, according to a news release from the hospital.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23