A security guard was injured during a fight with a patron who had been shoving his girlfriend at Mayfair Mall.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The man had been arguing and pushing a woman near the food court at 7:40 p.m. Feb. 11. The guard told him to leave, but the suspect started arguing and a group gathered to watch. The man pushed the guard and they started wrestling. At some point pepper spray was administered.
The guard hit the back of his head and was in pain and disoriented was officers arrived.
The 20-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for battery and disorderly conduct, which got the gathering crowd riled up. People started yelling at the officers to leave him man alone.
While most of the crowd dispersed quickly upon police orders, a 25-year-old Milwaukee man refused to leave and started swearing at officers. He was arrested for disorderly conduct and drug possession. In his coat pocket, he had 3.5 grams of marijuana, which he said he planned to smoke in the movie theater.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23