A 27-year-old Milwaukee man is in custody on possible charges of first-degree reckless endangerment after police said he fired shots into the air outside a Wauwatosa bowling alley Saturday morning.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The suspect's friend, also a 27-year-old Milwaukee man, was jumped in the parking lot at AMF Bowlero, 11737 W. Burleigh St., during an argument over a woman at 1:46 a.m. The suspect fired three shots in the air to scare away the attacker and gathering crowd. Officers found three spent .40-caliber shell casings in the parking lot.
The suspect and his friend drove off and were stopped by police on Highway 45 at Burleigh Road. A Glock pistol was found hidden under the cushion of a child safety seat and an open handgun case was located in the trunk.
The friend, who was driving the getaway vehicle, was arrested for drunken driving. Beer cans were seen in the back seat, but he refused to submit to a Breathlyzer test.
He had a bloody lip and nose, and a head contusion from the attack. Battery charges are possible for the 19-year-old Milwaukee man who started the fight.
The district attorney is reviewing the case.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23