Wauwatosa garbage collection crews will stop emptying residents' refuse carts if they are not placed properly at the curb, but residents will get a warning first. Pulling garbage carts from snow banks has caused injuries to Public Works Department employees, according to a memo from City Administrator James Archambo.
City ordinance states that for curbside or alley pickups, refuse carts should be placed between the sidewalk and curb as near to the street curb or edge of the alley as practical. Placement on or as close as possible to drive approaches is preferred, and containers must be stored in a clear area, free of snow and ice accumulation in winter months.
If a cart is improperly placed, collectors will tag it after it is emptied, which serves as the warning notice. Garbage in carts that continue to be placed improperly will not be collected and the resident will be contacted by a Public Works supervisor.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23