A Wauwatosa resident has been selected as one of four featured artists for this year's Channel 10 Great TV Auction that will air April 23 through May 1.
Reginald Baylor, 43, uses bold and bright colored paints and straight lines to create a stained-glass window effect in his works. Throughout the auction, prints of Baylor's piece, "Variety," will be available to bid on and a video about his career and painting will be broadcast.
He has fine arts and art education degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and worked for the Laguna Beach and Newport Beach art museums in California. In the late 1990s, he moved back to Wisconsin and has been working from a studio in Milwaukee's Third Ward.
In 2008, he was selected for a one-month artists' residency at Ragdale, a retreat located on the grounds of Arts and Crafts architect Howard Van Doren Shaw's 1897 summer home in Lake Forest, Ill. It was after that retreat, where he was immersed in art and surrounded by fellow emerging artists, that he decided to become a full-time artist. Before that, he was a truck owner/operator and did painting on the side.
Since then, he has pursued his painting career and is finishing his yearlong, artist-in-residence position at the Pfister Hotel.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23