Two vehicles were found on blocks at Hall Chevrolet, making it the 15th time vehicles had been stripped of their tires and rims at the Wauwatosa car dealership in five years.
According to Wauwatosa police:
Officers have been keeping closer tabs on the dealership due to the number of thefts occurring on the lot; there had been two prior incidents this year alone. While on patrol, an officer saw two vehicles on blocks at Hall Chevrolet, 11011 W. North Ave. at 10:23 a.m. March 28.
Four tires, 20-inch rims, air-pressure sensors and hub caps, collectively valued at $4,900, had been removed. Nearly 50 lug nuts had been left behind and were scattered on the pavement.
Like in all prior thefts, the blocks were red decorative bricks typically used in landscaping and must have been brought in by thieves.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23