One resident was treated for minor smoke inhalation when the Wauwatosa Fire Department responded to a fire that broke out at 9:19 p.m. Saturday in the upstairs bedroom of a two-family residence in the 900 block of North 123rd Street.
The fire was likely caused by a short in an extension cord. The fire was contained to one room and damage was estimated at $500.
Residents were on the first floor of the building when they were alerted by neighbors of the fire, which was visible from the exterior, said Assistant Fire Chief Mike Anton.
The house was evacuated and one resident tried to extinguish the fire. The Fire Department arrived within two minutes of the call and quickly put out the fire, Anton said.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23