An 18-year-old Wauwatosa man has been charged with repeated first-degree sexual assault for inappropriately touching a 10-year-old girl over a four-year period.
Joseph Bagley pleaded not guilty Monday. He is next scheduled to appear in court May 14.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The girl had been watch teen soap opera "DeGrassi," and the episode involved a character who had been molested but waited until she was older to tell her mother. The girl start crying and told her parents that she had been touched by her brother's friend on numerous occasions.
When her parents weren't home and her brothers were not around, he would grope her, involve her in role playing games and other sexual activities, she said.
Bagley told police he was curious about the female body but was not attracted to children.
The assaults finally stopped late last year when the girl started crying loudly when he came near her.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23