A 19-year-old woman got into a car accident on North Avenue because she was texting while driving, police said.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The woman said she sent a text while changing lanes in the 8600 block of North Avenue about 9 p.m. April 20. As she was looking forward, she rammed a vehicle in front of her.
The passenger-side air bag was deployed, but the driver-side air bag did not. The woman's head struck the steering wheel, causing her head to bleed. She was taken to Froedtert Hospital and released. She was cited for inattentive driving and not wearing a seatbelt.
The 49-year-old female driver of the car that was struck was not hurt, but her vehicle had severe rear-end damage.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23