A man threatened to kill himself Monday after he was arrested for his 42nd retail theft, which he blamed on the voices in his head.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The 52-year-old Milwaukee man took two men's fragrance sets from Macy's at Mayfair Mall at 11:45 a.m. He said he didn't want to shoplift anymore, but the voices in his head encouraged him to take items.
The prior week he had been arrested twice for retail theft and was on parole for burglary.
When he arrived at the Police Department, the man threatened numerous times to kill himself. When officers saw him rolling up his shirt to make a rope, they worried he would try to hang himself.
He was taken to Milwaukee County's psychiatric crisis center for evaluation and later to the Milwaukee County Jail.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23