Northwest Baptist Church has received a grant to help reinvigorate its worship services so members of the congregation can better understand and apply the messages to their lives.
Michigan-based Calvin Institute of Christian Worship is giving $12,500 so that the Wauwatosa church, 4373 N. 92nd St., can not only use technology to enhance its traditional services but also introduce small sermon discussion groups.
An advisory board of pastors and teachers from a variety of backgrounds assisted in selecting the grant recipients from about 25 applicants of different religious denominations.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23