Bryant & Stratton College hopes to expand its Wauwatosa facility due to its successful nursing program.
In 2004, the college signed a lease to operate out of 33,000 square feet of the building at 10950 W. Potter Road. Since then, the Wauwatosa campus added another 12,000 square feet in 2007, making the latest request its second expansion.
The 13,000-square-foot growth would remain within the existing building, but the college would occupy more than 50 percent of the space, college representatives told the Plan Commission on Monday. The only noticeable changes would be a second entrance and some windows on the building's south side.
Wauwatosa Plan Commission supported the expansion, so the proposal will go to the Community Development Committee on June 29.
Since opening the Wauwatosa campus, the school has added nursing degrees with more than 90 percent of graduates obtaining licenses and employment, said Peter Pavone, college director. The campus offers nearly 20 different programs including accounting, criminal justice and information technology.
Bryant & Stratton also operates locations in Milwaukee and Glendale.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23