Jet's Pizza may debut in Wisconsin with a restaurant at Burleigh Square.
A month after a real estate developer declined to divulge the name of a potential tenant for the 2,000-square-foot space in the outlet building at 124th and Burleigh streets, he returned to the Wauwatosa Plan Commission with a name.
The Michigan-based pizza business has been expanding throughout the Midwest, recently opening stores in the northern Chicago suburbs.
Most of the restaurant's business is expected to come from carry-out and delivery orders. Jet's Pizza carries the typical sausage and pepperoni pies, but customers also can choose some fancier flavors like BLT, barbecue chicken and chicken Parmesan.
The crust options - poppyseed, Cajun and butter, for instance - set the eatery apart from other pizza places, according to the company's website.
In addition to pizza, Jet's sells subs, salads, chicken wings and "boats," which most people call calzones.
Before Jet's can start taking orders, it must get the OK from the Community Development Committee and Common Council. The plans are expected to be reviewed by the CDC on June 29.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23