Trial delayed for Wauwatosa man accused of killing woman
A homicide trial for a Wauwatosa man charged with killing his former girlfriend and then driving around with her body in his car for four days has been delayed.
Benjamin Germano, 32, had been scheduled to go on trial on a charge of first-degree intentional homicide Monday. His attorney, William Reddin, was granted a postponement until Aug. 23 after prosecutors turned over more investigative information to him.
Germano, who is in custody, is charged with strangling Sarah Rosio, on Jan. 13. The body of the 24-year-old Milwaukee woman was found in a West Allis storage unit.
Germano told friends he "snapped" after Rosio attacked him at his apartment in front of their daughter, a toddler, according to a criminal complaint.
He was arrested days later near New Castle, Colo.
More Milwaukee County News
- Marcus considers downtown tower that would include cinema (8)
- Girl, 3, woman wounded in shooting on Milwaukee's north side
- 28 private schools register for special-needs voucher program
- Truck hits, kills 83-year-old woman crossing street in Bay View
- Groups to provide $1 million for YMCA’s urban mission