The Wauwatosa Starbucks, 1417 N. Wauwatosa Ave., is closed until 5 p.m. because a woman drove her vehicle into the front of the store, causing minor injuries to one patron and damage to the building.
About 12:30 p.m., the driver was pulling her Toyota Camry into a parking spot, but drove over top of the parking block toward the store, said Lt. Joe Schwark of the Wauwatosa Fire Department.
The car hit an outdoor table, sending it through a window and into the store.
Two patrons were sitting at the table when the car struck it. One of them sustained minor abrasions to the leg, back and hip and was taken to a Froedtert Hospital, where the person was treated and released, a Wauwatosa Police Department spokesman said.
No other details were immediately available.
The car was towed.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23