A 24-year-old West Allis man high on pain medication led Wauwatosa police on a chase before he was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and driving under the influence of drugs Friday afternoon.
According to police:
Officers noticed a speeding vehicle at Blue Mound Road and Ravenswood Circle about 1:30 p.m. The driversaid he was in hurry to pick up his girlfriend, but his eyes were bloodshot and his hands were shaky violently.
A prescription pill bottle was found so officers asked him to get out of the vehicle. During a body search, he started to resist and spun around. After several warnings, a stun gun was used, but only one of the darts struck him. The man fell, but managed to get in the car and drive off.
A chase ensued with the man driving about 80 mph. The pursuit stopped as he got onto Interstate 94 near Miller Park Stadium.
West Allis police went to the man's home and waited for him. When he arrived, he told officers that he had been prescribed Oxycodone three years ago after a back injury. He was now addicted and took the prescription narcotics daily.
He was taken to Milwaukee County Jail.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23