A Wauwatosa man who was sick of squirrels invading the walls of his home decided to take on the bushy-tailed rodents with a BB gun.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The 30-year-old man had complained to his landlord about the animals but didn't get any response. So he went to Kmart, bought a BB gun and headed out to his backyard.
Neighbors in the 2300 block of North 63rd Street reported hearing gunshots about 8 p.m. June 22. Those sounds turned out to be the man shooting at the squirrels off power lines.
The man said he was unsure of whether he harmed or killed any of the animals, and that it hadn't occurred to him that a stray pellet could strike a person or property.
He was cited for disorderly conduct and the weapon was confiscated.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23