Electrical problems are suspected of being the cause of a Wauwatosa house fire that resulted in about $100,000 on Monday night.
Wauwatosa Fire Department spent 30 minutes battling the blaze that broke out in the attic of a vacant two-story home at 1414 N. 121st Street, Deputy Fire Chief James Case said. Damage was contained to the attic and second floor of the house.
One firefighter was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.
The call came in at 6:40 p.m. and 30 firefighters responded. Local crews received assistance from five neighboring fire departments.
The house had recently been sold, but the owners had not yet moved in, Case said.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23