We Energies crews repaired a gas leak on the roof of the Mayfair Mall Crate and Barrel store Sunday afternoon, according to Brian Manthey, We Energies spokesman. No one was injured and there was no damage to the store, he said. No gas was leaking inside the store and no one was evacuated, he said.
The Wauwatosa Fire Department called the energy company shortly after 4 p.m. with to report the smell of gas outside the store, Manthey said. Workers discovered the rooftop connection to the furnace unit was leaking and had repaired it by around 6 p.m., he said.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23