Wauwatosa's new fire station received substantial water damage due to Wednesday night's heavy rainfalls.
Private restoration contractors were hired to help the Wauwatosa Fire Department remove standing water in the administrative offices, apparatus bays and basement at Fire Station No. 1, 1601 Underwood Ave.
Fire officials are trying to determine how the flooding occurred and the extent of the water damage.
The fire station opened June 5.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23