An underage drinking party had Wauwatosa police chasing teens trying to make a getaway so their parents didn't find out.
According to police:
Dispatchers got calls about a loud party coming from a home in the 4000 block of North 110th Street at 1:54 a.m. July 9. When they arrived, dozens of people were congregating in the house and garage. Beer cans were strewn in the driveway and on the porch and the property smelled of alcohol.
Some of the party-goers took off as squad cars pulled up. But officers arrested five people.
The resident, a 19-year-old Wauwatosa woman, said she was throwing the party because she was leaving in a few days to study in Australia. This was her third underage drinking violation. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.05.
A 19-year-old Milwaukee man tried to hop a fence, so officers handcuffed him and made him sit a chair while they rounded up the others. He was not deterred; he made another run for it, trying to climb with his hands connected.
A 20-year-old Wauwatosa man ran out of the backyard, but was eventually stopped when he fell in a ditch.
The third man who tried to flee, a 19-year-old from Wauwatosa, climbed out a window as cops were calling people's parents. When he was stopped, he was found to have 0.83 grams of marijuana in his pocket. This was his second underage drinking arrest. He had the highest BAC at 0.24.
An 18-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for his third underage drinking offense, after he was found hiding in the basement.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23