A 19-year-old man who believed he was too drunk to ride his bicycle decided a motorized shopping scooter would be easier transportation.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The Milwaukee man was riding in the 6700 block of West State Street at 10:44 p.m. Sunday when he spotted a scooter outside Metcalf's Market. He put his bicycle in the shopping basket, hopped on the scooter and took off.
Officers caught up with the man driving the wrong way on State Street. He said he had planned to return the scooter the next day.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.11.
He was not cited for drunken diving, but was arrested for theft.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23