A man was robbed at gunpoint for the drugs and cash he had in his vehicle at a Wauwatosa gas station Saturday evening, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also according to the report:
The man said he went into the Midtown Shell convenience store, 641 N. Hawley Road, to buy a soda, and when he returned to the car, a man jumped into the passenger seat and waved a revolver.
The robber demanded the victim's cash, cell phone and jewelry.
Officers grew suspicious of the story after watching surveillance video. The man never alerted the gas station owner of the robbery; instead, he went to a nearby friend's house to call police.
After changing his story several times, he admitted the robber took $6,000 and a quarter pound of marijuana that had been in his vehicle. Officers found his personal stash of 1.1 grams of marijuana still in the car.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23