Three people were arrested for breaking into Currie Park Auto Center and taking cigarettes and candy Sunday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The burglar alarm was triggered at the business on 107th Street and Capitol Drive at 4:25 a.m. Sunday. An officer spotted a vehicle with its lights off driving through the alley. Two Milwaukee men, ages 19 and 20, and a 17-year-old Milwaukee boy were in the vehicle.
Officers found two large garbage bags filled with cigars, cigarettes, candy and other snacks - a total value of more than $3,200 - in the trunk.
The older man said he needed to sell the stolen items to supplement his disability payments from the government and help pay child support.
The boy said he was addicted to pot. He had previously been arrested for burglary and was scheduled to be at a sentencing hearing the next day.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23