Police say an alleged bedding thief did not catching Target employees sleeping on the job.
According to the Wauwatosa police report;
Target employees noticed a 60-year-old Milwaukee man Oct. 18 running a cart through the bedding section of the store, 3900 N. 124th St., at 5:06 p.m, hastily throwing in items. The man then tried to run his cart past security staff, which were waiting by the door and stopped him.
The suspect came quietly, saying he had intended to sell the items on the street for $10 per package. He said that the items sell fast and that he "knew how to sell them."
The suspect has 14 prior charges of retail theft and has been caught for stealing bedding in the past. The total value of stolen items is $420.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23