A 25-year-old Milwaukee man was charged in Milwaukee County Circuit Court with misdemeanor vandalism May 15 after he tried to set fire to a cell mattress at the Wauwatosa Police Department.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Anthony Wal was arrested for drunken driving after making a wrong turn in the 300 block of North 68th Street at 2:24 a.m. May 13. He was taken to the hospital to have blood drawn so his blood-alcohol content could be determined. He repeatedly berated officers as well as a nurse at the hospital.
He continued to act disorderly so he was placed in a prisoner cell to sober up. Dispatchers watching Wal on television screens saw him use a lighter to try to burn a mattress at 5:10 a.m. May 13.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23