A patient tried to escape police custody while at Froedtert Hospital, leading to a search of surrounding residential neighborhoods last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 31-year-old Oak Creek man who was wanted on multiple warrants and had a history of weapons violations and being assaultive to police had been brought to Froedtert Hospital for medical clearance following an arrest by West Milwaukee police July 3.
About 7:30 p.m., the prisoner took off from the emergency room and ran through the alley on Robertson Street near Gridley Avenue. Wauwatosa police were called to assist the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office with the manhunt.
The police dog pulled its handler through the gate to a backyard in the 8300 block of West Portland Avenue. The prisoner - who was given two warnings to come out or the dog would be released - surrendered.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23