Waterstone Mortgage seen a fast-growing
National mortgage lender Waterstone Mortgage Corporation has been named a 2014 Fastest Growing Firm by the Milwaukee Business Journal.
The 2014 Fastest Growing Firm award honors companies who have a proven track record of aggressive growth over the past three years. Waterstone Mortgage joins a group of 31 Milwaukee-area companies named as Fastest Growing Firms, and is the only mortgage company to receive the award in 2014.
Headquartered in Pewaukee, Wisconsin, Waterstone Mortgage is a wholly owned subsidiary of WaterStone Bank SSB, which is based in Wauwatosa.
Magellan Promotions reports strong growth
Recent sales growth has placed Wauwatosa-based Magellan Promotions in the top 5 percent of all promotional products firms nationwide, the company says.
The firm, founded in 2005, outgrew office space on North Avenue and relocated in May 2013 to 2360 N. 124th Street.
Magellan Promotions promotes companies, events, organizations, and schools through promotional products, apparel, awards and event signage.
We Energies, BBB help fight the 'Green Dot' scam
We Energies and the Better Business Bureau Serving Wisconsin want consumers to be aware of a new tool to fight the "Green Dot" scam. Victims can get their money refunded, if they act quickly.
The company that issues prepaid Green Dot credit cards, MoneyPak, has launched a new online tool that allows purchasers to request a refund. If the scammer hasn't already cashed the card, customers may be able to get their money back. For more information, visit moneypak.com.
Although reports of the Green Dot scam have decreased at We Energies, the company still is receiving scattered complaints. Scammers impersonate We Energies employees and threaten disconnection unless the customer makes an immediate payment with a prepaid credit card. We Energies does not solicit payments in this manner. Customers who receive suspicious calls should hang up and call the company at (800) 242-9137 to check the status of their account.
BBB regularly receives complaints nationwide about the Green Dot scam. Aside from utility customers, scammers also target satellite TV customers and other pre-pay products and services. Green Dot also has been used in lottery and sweepstakes scams, computer repair scams, job scams and more.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23